Ride with your friends!
Most of us have fond memories of childhood bike rides. At Rifton we believe everyone deserves the chance to ride, especially someone with physical disabilities.
And thankfully, even insurers and other funding sources are beginning to recognize that for a person with disabilities, a trike is far more than merely recreational; an adaptive tricycle is often medically necessary for someone who cannot walk independently or who sits for long hours in a wheelchair.
Therapeutic benefits of tricycling:
- Lower extremity strengthening
- Reciprocal leg motion patterning
- Balancing skills
- Using visual, spatial perception for steering
- Social interaction with peers and neighbors
Benefits of using the Adaptive Tricycle:
- No-tool adjustments
- Accessories such as the trunk support system and front or rear steering bar customize the tricycle to meet your child or client’s needs