Multistander – Supine/prone/upright standing system
A fully adjustable and versatile 3 in 1 standing frame offering Upright, Prone and Supine positioning for infants and children up to 13 years. The Multistander by Jenx offers exceptional growth and the versatile range of accessories; meaning the Multistander will easily meet the changing needs of a growing child for many years.
New for 2015!
- New Size 2 introduced
- 2 different base options for the New Size 2 (powered or manual)
- New Multigrip body support
- New fastenings to allow use of a Jenx Waistcoat Harness
- All polyurethane support surfaces now impregnated with antimicrobial agent
- Angle adjustable footplate as standard
- New range of child and family friendly colours complimented by a fresh white base frame
- New entry level head support
- Improved knee support bracket
- Age Range (approx) Size 1: 9 months-6 years
- Age Range (approx) Size 2: 3 years – 13 years
- Max user weight Size 1: 35kg
- Max user weight Size 2: 60kg
The Multistander is now available in two sizes, making it a highly versatile first standing frame suiting children from 9 months to 13 years. It has an unrivalled amount of adjustment for height and width with a maximum user weight of 30kg for the Multistander Size 1 and 60kg for the Multistander Size 2.
Smooth and easy angle adjustment take the Multistander from horizontal right through to upright, facilitating easy transfers and the ability for precision standing angles. The wide variety of head, trunk, leg and support accessories enable the product to be specified and tailored exactly for each individual, whilst the open design enables carers to quickly see how the child is positioned and adjust as necessary.
- New White Frame
- Tested strongly with younger parents, more aesthetically appealing
- Makes it easy to spot spills of body fluid or feed and to clean before they become hazardous
- Makes it easier to recognise frame fatigue and damage
- Antimicrobial Agent on all PU Surfaces
- Provides improved infection control
- Makes the product easier to re-issue
- provides peace of mind to carers/parents, helps keep the product clean and hygienic, ideal for busy families who don’t have time to launder soiled covers
- Unique in the market place
- New Multistander Size 2 Base Options
- The Multistander now has the versatility to be wider, larger, narrower and to accommodate a heavier child than many other products in the marketplace
- The new Size 2 offers either a manual or a powered base. The powered base removes any manual handling concerns and uses a hand-held controller to change the angle. The manual base has a robust winder mechanism which provides a cost effective alternative
- De-rotational Thoracic and Pelvic Straps with Lateral Support Pads
- Straps fasten in the centre and adjust independently from either side enabling a midline position to be achieved
- Buckles and velcro ensure straps are safe and secure
- Support pads available in small, medium, slim and high rise
- Innovative Prone/Supine Adjustable Tray
- Revolutionary tray with its own dedicated adjustment slot, meaning the tray is adjustable for height, angle and depth
- Unique inbuilt infills prevent awkward gaps so arms won’t get stuck when in supine
- Supplied with mounting slots for elbow blocks
- Raised, contrasting tray edge provides a visual barrier for children and a useful anchor point for attaching toys or sensory aids
- Angle Adjustable Chest Pad
- Shaped to encourage arms into mid-line, plus the angle can be adjusted to improve extension
- Multigrip Body Support
- A new accessory for the new Multistander Size 2, which can be used as a shoulder protractor in supine or to provide additional lumbar support between the trunk and pelvic boards
- Independently Adjustable Thoracic and Pelvic Boards
- Allowing the individual proportions of each child to be catered for, whilst also giving scope to avoid pressure on delicate areas such as feeding buttons
- Simple to Use
- Open design and simplicity mean safe and dignified transfers can be easily completed
- Compact Footprint
- Non-intrusive in even the smallest of family homes
- Prone, supine and upright in one product
Q. Which size should I go for?
Use the Technical Specification to help guide to which size is best for your child. Remember that Jenx products are designed to allow for growth overlap to help ensure you choose the product with the most growth potential.
Q. Why should I choose a Multistander rather than a Prone or Supine Stander?
One of the major benefits of the Multistander range is that it is a 3 in 1 standing system, that offers prone, upright and supine standing in one standing frame. This makes it ideal for multiuser environments as well as accommodating the changing needs of any particular user – this is particularly relevant where the diagnosis points to a deteriorating condition.