From those with simple balance problems to more involved cases of Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Down Syndrome, head injury, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, and little people, Discovery offers therapy and fun.
With quick release mechanisms, Discovery adapts easily from one rider to another, making it the choice of many therapists, schools, and care facilities. Discovery is designed to provide excellent stability and will fit through most standard door openings.
- Optional rear steering system available that allows the caregiver to steer, or brake from the rear of the mobility device. Once the rider becomes more comfortable with reciprocal movement, an adjustment can be made allowing the rider to control, or assist with the navigation of the bike.
- Adjustable handlebars that can move completely out of the way for dismounting, adjustable seat in low back or high back styles complete with safety belt(s).
- Our products also feature a unique crank and sprocket that can be adjusted in all directions to accommodate different hip to foot positions.
- Discreet assistance handle so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help.
- Direct drive and low gear ratios that make pedaling easy for a beginner, yet challenging for an aggressive rider.
- Velcro straps to keep feet on the pedals and optional supporting foot plates. (Adjustable neoprene, or molded ABS plastic)
- Locking hand brake mechanisms for easy mounting and dismounting.
- Powder baked paint ensures durability, years of good looks.
- Quick release bolts on all adjustable components.
- Size Guide: Inseam 20″ – 26″
- Inseam: Measurement of inside leg, from crotch to the bottom of riders’ shoe
- Max Load: 150 Lbs
- Bike Weight: 45 lbs
- Wheel Size: 16″
- Frame Height without seat 24″
- Total Length: 48″
- Add 12″ in Length for Rear Steering Option
- Width: 29″