BUZZY is a new handheld device to help block sharp pain and provide distraction when giving injections to children. BUZZY distracts your child’s attention away from the needle and pain, and focuses on the cool, vibrating buzzy bee. It works a treat!
The nurse used Buzzy and my daughter was so distracted she didn’t even notice the needle going in! What a brilliant product.
Mum of Ella aged 5.
Special Offer On BUZZY!
We’re offering a package containing the BUZZY, complete with:
- 1x Single Patient Blue Gel Wings
- 1x Comfort Strap
- 2x Ice Packs to keep Wings frozen
- 1x Distraction Cards
Using Buzzy Is Simple
- Attach the ice pack to Buzzy
- Place Buzzy on the body “between the brain and the pain”
- You can hold Buzzy in place, or attach using the velcro strap
- Switch Buzzy on for about 15 seconds, then leave in place during the procedure.
It’s a good idea to let your kids see and experience Buzzy at home before you need to use it. They’ll trust Buzzy more if they’ve already experienced how it numbs the skin.
Buzzy is good for…
Helps block pain and provide distraction for:
- Finger sticks
- Splinters and bee stings
- IV starts and blood draws
- Injections – immunisations, insulin
Buzzy is a small vibrating bee with a unique ice pack. Put it near the source of any sharp pain, and Buzzy will confuse your body’s nerves and distract attention away from the pain.
In the same way as rubbing a bumped elbow, or running cool water over a burn, Buzzy will crowd out the pain singles by sending stronger sensations down the nerves instead.
- Buzzy now has TGA approval
- Works best with BEE-STRACTOR card