The Adventure 2000 offers the same list of features as the Discovery series, with an added dimension of comfort and support for the mature rider. As with Discovery, the handlebars, seat and crank mechanisms are adjustable. Adventurer’s walk-through design and step-on platform make loading as easy as sitting down in a comfortable chair.
For stopping safety, the Adventure has two rear band brakes with controls that can be mounted on the handlebars. If the rider is unable to operate the hand lever, one can be mounted on the discreet assistance handle, or rear steer handle for a companion to operate. For more information on the rear steering system please see the technical specs section.
This model is equipped with a direct drive gearing system so you can pedal backwards to build momentum to go forward, or with optional seven speeds to give the selection of easy or challenging pedaling.
- Stable three wheel design
- Independently adjustable handlebars and telescopic posts, that move completely out of the way for easy on/off transfers
- Adjustable seat in low back (7.5″) or high (18″) back styles complete with safety belt(s)
- A unique crank and sprocket that can be adjusted in all directions to accommodate different hip to foot ratios
- Discreet assistance handle so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help
- Optional Rear Steering system that allows the caregiver to steer, or brake from the rear of the mobility device. Once the rider becomes more comfortable with reciprocal movement, an adjustment can be made allowing the rider to control, or assist with the navigation of the bike
- Rear brake with locking mechanism onto the handle bar for able rider; or for those who need assistance, the brake handle can be mounted on the assistant’s handle, or rear steering system
- Velcro straps to keep feet on the pedals, and choice of optional supporting footplates. (Adjustable neoprene, or molded ABS plastic)
- Powder baked paint ensures durability, years of good looks
- Optional quick release wheels
- Optional rear basket platform
- Optional seven-speed gearing for easy or challenging pedaling selection
- Size Guide: Inseam: 23″ ++
- Inseam: Measurement of inside leg, from crotch to the bottom of riders shoe
- Max Load: 225 lbs
- Bike Weight: 65 lbs
- Wheel Size: 20″
- Frame height without seat: 29″
- Total Length: 62″
- Rear Steering option adds 12″ to total length of bike
- Width: 34″