Are you pre-planning or about to attend your NDIS Plan meeting?
Does your child require AT? The NDIS definition of AT is:
Assistive Technology, also known as AT, is the equipment a person might use to help them with everyday tasks that they wouldn’t be able to do on their own.
Sometimes AT makes a task easier and safer to do. For a person living with disability, this might be equipment or systems which help with moving around the home or community, communicating with other people, or processing information and other daily tasks.
Every person living with a disability has different needs. Assistive Technology may be included in your plan if it is identified as a reasonable and necessary support that meets your needs and supports you to achieve better outcomes in life. Depending on the cost and complexity of your Assistive Technology needs, you may need to follow different processes.
Special Needs Solutions supply a large range of AT such as:
- Buggies, Prams and Strollers
- Car Seats
- Indoor/Outdoor seating systems
- Standing frames
- Sensory products
In fact we have over 150 products and 13 different brands to choose from
Please see our website for more details: www.specialneedssolutions.com.au
Under the NDIS the majority of our equipment falls under Level 3 or Level 4 – Complex AT Solutions/Specialised AT Solutions. As such you will require an AT Assessor to be present for your trial, to script equipment and complete the AT Assessment form for funding approval.
It is important in your Planning Meeting to include funds for supply of :
- AT equipment
- Fees for your AT Assessor (examples of this include AT Mentor, Therapist, Allied Health Practitioner, psychologist etc.) to attend a trial
- Not all trials are free, there are costs to deliver, set up, pick up, repair and clean items used in a trail. Therefore you must consider the costs for all trials of item/s you are considering in your plan. To guarantee that your plan budget has appropriate coverage for this need, ensure that you have a “RENTAL” budget in your plan to cover the necessary period of the trial of the selected item/s.
- Also consider a Rental budget for special circumstances for example, when you need to travel, when there is a requirement for an equipment repair or adjustment.
- Fees for delivery, fitting and education, Product Induction
- Fees for ongoing maintenance, repairs and growth adjustments.
At your planning meeting you are not required to provide your Planner with an official quote. We are happy to supply “ballpark” figures for initial planning purposes. Please contact us via email – email@example.com advising you wish to obtain an initial ballpark figure for your planning and one of our friendly Product Consultants will call you to discuss.
Once your Plan is approved please contact your AT Assessor to arrange a trial.
Our trial process is as follows:
- AT Assessor to complete Trial Request Form (which can be found top right cnr, purple tab) on our home page;
- We will contact your AT Assessor with some dates for the trial and will contact yourself for your NDIS Plan number, dates and to discuss our fee for service and how this fee may fit into your plan codes;
- Trial will take place;
- We will submit quote to your AT Assessor
Your AT Assessor will then complete the AT Assessment form and lodge together with our Quote to NDIS for approval.
Be mindful that it is possible for extended delays from the time a quote is submitted till it is approved and funds released. Currently we are experiencing delays between 12 to 2 months, despite you holding an approved plan. If extended delays are experienced, you will need to speak with your NDIA contact, as Special Needs Solutions does not have the authority to expedite your order.
Once you receive approval for the equipment please contact both your AT Assessor and ourselves. We can then process this through the Service Booking, order equipment and arrange delivery and fitting.